With low noise being a top priority of the NT1-A, its 1" gold-sputtered capsule is internally shock-mounted to further isolate it from handling and vibration noise. Additionally, the mic's cardioid polar pattern naturally rejects a good deal of sound behind it, which yields less background noise and room sound than other patterns such as omnidirectional and figure-8. Since it can run on 24 or 48 VDC phantom power, the NT1-A can be used with a variety of professional and entry-level XLR mic preamps.
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions so you can compare them, apples-to-apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Large 1" capsule with gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces background noise
- Self-noise of only 5 dBA
- Ultralow-noise, transformerless, surface-mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- Gold-plated XLR output contacts ensure optimal signal transfer
- Internally shock-mounted capsule
- Includes SM6 shockmount, pop filter, and dust cover
The XU-1648 from Senal is a compact XLR-to-USB adapter interface that allows you to plug your microphone into the USB port of any Mac or Windows computer for use with your favorite digital recording software. Its rugged build and plug-and-play operation make it perfect for bands, recording artists, podcasters, and more.
For use with dynamic or condenser microphones, the XU-1648 delivers 16-bit / 48-kHz studio-quality sound. It also features a microphone preamp with gain control and switchable 48V phantom power. Its 3.5mm headphone output features a volume control and allows for zero-latency monitoring. There is also a monitor level control to adjust the balance between the audio playback from your computer and the sound of your microphone.
In addition, the XU-1648 features a tough, all-metal chassis with nonslip neoprene feet on the bottom to prevent it from slipping.
The black TT-6220 Telescoping Tabletop Microphone Stand from Auray meets the needs of any desktop audio applications that require the use of a microphone by providing a solid, weighted round base with three nonslip rubber feet for additional stability. The telescoping shaft delivers flexibility when it comes to positioning the height of the microphone and includes a microphone cable guide. Durable steel construction ensures longevity.
The onyx version of the SMH-1200 Enhanced Studio Monitor Headphones from Senal is tuned for accurate music reproduction and studio monitoring. With a closed-back, over-the-ear, foldable design and features like interchangeable twist-locking cables, extra-deep ear cushions, and a refined musical frequency response, the SMH-1200s are suitable for both audio professionals and enthusiasts.
Using 40mm Neodymium drivers, the headphones deliver a wide frequency response of 10 to 20,000 Hz with minimal distortion, a slightly boosted low end for well-defined bass and sub-bass, a smooth and pronounced midrange, and a clear intelligible high end. The extra deep ear pads provide comfort while wearing the headphones for extended listening sessions and help passively isolate the sound from external noise.
Physically, the SMH-1200s are designed to be robust and appropriate for use with professional audio equipment such as mixing consoles and headphone amplifiers. Their 58-ohm impedance can also operate with lower-power devices such as smart phones or MP3 players for mobile listening. Color-matched elements combine for an elegant look.
They come with two twist-lock detachable cables that can be easily swapped depending on the application. The coiled cable can extend from 4 to 10 feet and is intended for studio use. The 4-foot, tangle-free, fabric cable includes an inline microphone for phone calls and a control button for operating smart phones and other mobile devices. A wide range of accessories is supported.
To ensure years of reliable operation, the earcups feature wire guides to protect the cabling and maintain the performance of the SMH-1200.