If you're a Z CAM 6K fan and shoot a lot of fast-paced action, the Canon EF mount E2-S6G S35 6K Cinema Camera with Global Shutter is designed for you. This member of the Z CAM 6K camera lineup features a global shutter that captures all the image sensor information in one fell swoop, eliminating the wobbly, Jello-like effects and skewed motion artifacts that rolling shutters can produce in some quick-moving shots. Attributes shared with the E2-6S include 10-bit 4:2:2 color support, ProRes and ZRAW capture, a nominal 14-stop dynamic range, timecode support, and data capture rates up to 300 Mb/s using CFast 2.0 media. The E2-S6G's internal capture rates differ somewhat with top ranges of 30 fps in 6K Open Gate, 48 fps in DCI 6K, 76 fps in DCI 6K 2.4:1, 56 fps in DCI 4K, 70 fps in DCI 2.4:1, 56 fps in UHD 4K, and 70 fps in 1080p.
The E2-S6G supports up to 4K60, 10-bit 4:2:0 video output via its HDMI 2.0 port, and it records audio in 24-bit 48 kHz using AAC or PCM (PCM for MOV only) through its 3.5mm stereo jack or via a separately available XLR connector using its 5-pin LEMO port. Versatile camera control options are offered via two serial ports, a 2.5mm LANC connector, a USB Type-C port, and an Ethernet port. The Z Camera iOS app can be used with 5 GHz Wi-Fi for live image preview, camera control, and settings configuration. Additional features shared with the E2-S6 include side control buttons, time-lapse, slow motion, and live streaming via the E2-S6G's Gigabit Ethernet port.
Use the E2-SGG camera with the separately available Z CAM eND Module to add 1.7 to 6.7 stops of ND filtration in 1/3-stop increments. Power options include a built-in L-series battery mount and a 2-pin LEMO port for using a separately available power adapter. This camera also features a 12 VDC 2-pin LEMO power output to provide power to separately available accessories.
- A global shutter captures all the image sensor information at once
- Eliminates the Jello effect and motion skewing that sometimes occurs with a rolling shutter camera
- Provides crisp images even during fast-paced moves and panning shots
- ZRAW capture at select resolution and frame rate combinations
- Raw capture offers fine-tuned color grading and exposure
- Enables you to apply multiple "looks" to create different moods or flashback effects, etc.
- Record 6K up to 30 fps to the limit of your recording media's capacity
- CMOS sensor with 14 stops of dynamic range
- ZRAW, REC. 709, Z-Log2, HLG, FLAT, Concert, and Vivid profiles
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 cards
- 4K60, 10-bit 4:2:2 video output through HDMI 2.0
- USB 3.0 Type-C for camera control and data transformation only
- Two serial ports for camera control
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to a browser or a computer running Z CAM software
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
- White balance: Auto, preset, manual (2300 to 7500K)
- Focus modes: MF, AF, CAF
- Image: Brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness
- LUT: REC. 709, Z-Log2, FLAT, HLG
- Timecode: Current time, manual input
- Made from aluminum for optimal strength and heat dissipation
- 2-pin LEMO, 12 VDC power output
- Powered via optional 2-pin LEMO, 12 VDC adapter or optional L-series batteries