New! Video Chat Connect with a Pro Audio Expert – Live

Hosa Technology Stereo 1/4" Male to 2 Mono 1/4" Male Insert Y-Cable - 3.3'

Hosa Technology
Hosa Technology Stereo 1/4" Male to 2 Mono 1/4" Male Insert Y-Cable - 3.3'
More on the Way
Expected availability: 2-4 weeks

True Know-How

Ask Our Experts


Hosa Technology STP-201 Overview

This Hosa Stereo 1/4" Male to 2 Mono 1/4" Male Y-Cable is a "Send Return" cable (also known as a Insert Cable), conventionally wired: TIP = Send, RING = Return. It can also be used as a "Y" cable to split stereo signal into Left and Right. In this case, Right = RING and Left = TIP.

UPC: 728736010833

Hosa Technology STP-201 Specs

Connector 11 x 1/4" TRS Male Straight
Connector 22 x 1/4" TS Male Straight 
Cable Length3.28' / 1 m
Wire Gauge26 AWG
Packaging Info
Package Weight0.25 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)8 x 4 x 1.2"
See any errors on this page? Let us know


Can this be used to split a pcsync signal from a ...

Can this be used to split a pcsync signal from a film camera to 2 seperate flash units?
Asked by: Michael
No. The Hosa Y-cable is an audio cable intended to split a stereo audio signal into two mono signals. Please contact our pro photography department by phone or through live chat for assistance in finding the correct accessory cable for your application.
Answered by: Lisa
Date published: 2020-11-03


can the Hosa Technology Stereo 1/4 Male to 2 Mono 1/4 Male Insert Y-Cable be used to connect an audio interface's monitor outputs to a headphone amps stereo input?
Asked by: Yosef L.
Sure. It is just a cable. It is not directional. It separates (or combines) two signals of a 1/4 inch stereo (a.k.a. full size stereo headphone) plug, connecting each signal to its own 1/4 inch mono (a.k.a. guitar) plug. If the signal levels are compatible, and the plug sizes are compatible, you are in business. It can be used as a stereo to mono left and right adapter (splitter or combiner). Another common use is with an Insert connector on a mixer. In this case the signals would be send and return to and from some external signal processor like a reverb or compressor.
Answered by: Nicholas M.
Date published: 2018-08-27
  • y_2021, m_11, d_28, h_18CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.20
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_160653, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=HAS_STAFF_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_bhphotovideo