The EVO III Water Housing from AquaTech lets you capture the action on and under the surface with your Canon EOS-1D X series DSLR camera. The polyurethane housing comes equipped with a standard left grip and a "palm stopper" on the right, and they can be switched to suit your needs. There's one shutter button in the customary location for landscape shooting and another on the bottom for vertical holds, and both offer the same half-press for focus and full-press to shoot function as the camera itself.
Quick release clips and tactile controls are made of stainless steel and aluminum. All the aluminum parts have been anodized for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear. A flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, enables the EVO III to work with separately available accessories such as external strobe units and pocket wizards. A threaded 1/4"-20 mounting point at the bottom of the housing enables connection to an optional tripod or tray. The enclosure ships without a required lens port and accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses. For complete compatibility information, see the Port Chart.
- Depth Rating of 33'
- Designed for shallow water and surface use, and shouldn't be operated at depths beyond 15' for more than 5 minutes
- Quick release clips with safety latch
- Full left-side grip and "palm-stopper" right grip (can be swapped)
- Dual electronic shutter releases mimic half-press focus camera function
- Tactile mechanical push button and knob/dial controls provide easy access to important camera functions including AF-on, record start/stop, video/stills switch, Q-menu, menu multi-controller left/right, set button, zoom in, playback, AF point selection, rear
- Compatible with separately sold M3 Pistol Grip
- Body crafted from durable black polyurethane
- Controls made of stainless steel and anodized aluminum
- Self-locating back plate via stainless steel pins for precise alignment
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount
- Ships without required lens port
- Accepts P-series ports for a wide range of lenses
- For complete compatibility information, see the Port Chart linked above
- Flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, provides compatibility with flash units and pocket wizards
- Housing ships without the required sync cord