Illuminate the underwater world in rich, natural color at depths up to 328' with the YS-D3 Lightning Underwater Strobe from Sea & Sea. Upgraded circuitry from its predecessor model provides a maximum guide number of 33 and the ability to fire again in just 0.6 seconds at guide number 22; at guide number 16, there's no interval at all. The flash has a wide beam angle of 105°, which gets even wider, 110°, with the included diffuser. A daylight-balanced color temperature of 5800K enables the strobe to restore colors that are absorbed underwater, thus allowing for more vibrant and accurate images. Aspherical troidal lenses on the flash tubes provide even light dispersion, with no hot spots.
Both TTL and manual flash exposure modes are available on the YS-D3. Audible and visible cues notify the user that the strobe is ready to fire. The two-level target light is bright enough to use as a dive light. The YS-D3 has 5-pin sync cord connector and a fiber-optic port for connection to an underwater camera housing. It is powered by four AA alkaline or NiMH batteries.
- Safe for use at depths to 328'
- Features overpressure relief valve
- Maximum: 33
- 105 x 80° beam angle, 110 x 100° with included diffuser
- Diffusers help create soft, even light to reduce glare, backscatter, and hard shadows
- Color temperature of 5800K enables the strobe to restore colors absorbed underwater for more vibrant and accurate images
- With diffuser in place, color temperature is 5500K
- Two brightness levels
- Bright enough to use as dive light
- DS-TTL, slave TTL, and manual flash exposure modes are available
- Eleven manually selectable light levels
- Four alkaline or NiMH AA batteries
- Recycle time is 0.6 seconds at guide number 22 and zero interval time at guide number 16 with NiMH batteries
- Flash features audible and visible charge signals
- Configured with a 5-pin sync cord connector and a fiber-optic port for connection to an underwater camera housing
- Fiber-optic connection cables are required and sold separately
- Diagonal ball mount