With low noise being a top priority of the NT1-A, its 1" gold-sputtered capsule is internally shock-mounted to further isolate it from handling and vibration noise. Additionally, the mic's cardioid polar pattern naturally rejects a good deal of sound behind it, which yields less background noise and room sound than other patterns such as omnidirectional and figure-8. Since it can run on 24 or 48 VDC phantom power, the NT1-A can be used with a variety of professional and entry-level XLR mic preamps.
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions so you can compare them, apples-to-apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Large 1" capsule with gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces background noise
- Self-noise of only 5 dBA
- Ultralow-noise, transformerless, surface-mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- Gold-plated XLR output contacts ensure optimal signal transfer
- Internally shock-mounted capsule
- Includes SM6 shockmount, pop filter, and dust cover
The RF-5P-B Reflection Filter from Auray is designed to improve the quality of voice recordings captured in your home studio, rehearsal studio or other untreated acoustic environment by absorbing and isolating the microphone from unwanted ambient reflections. By absorbing and diffusing these reflections, the RF-5P-B creates a closer and dryer sound that allows more control over the vocals. It can also be used for other applications such as recording an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar cabinet.
Five punched metal panels and a pyramidal, acoustic foam lining filter ambient noise and help prevent sound from reflecting back into the microphone. The two outermost panels are adjustable, allowing you to control how dry your recording will be.
Whether it's a home studio or a rehearsal studio, for podcasting or broadcasting, the RF-5P-B Reflection Filter is designed to provide a portable solution for improved acoustic isolation.
The RFMS-580 Reflection Filter Tripod Mic Stand from Auray features heavy-duty steel construction and is capable of providing sturdy support to your reflection filter and studio microphone at the same time. The tripod stand design features collapsible legs for convenient storage, a telescoping center column that can be adjusted to reach a maximum working height of 68".
The stand also features nonslip feet for added traction on hard surfaces as well as a 5/8" threaded adapter for attaching a shockmount or mic clip.
The Auray COHH-2 Clamp-On Headphones Holder for Microphone Stand easily attaches to microphone stands that are up to 1.2" in diameter to provide a hanging hook that supports two pairs of studio headphones. With a sturdy all-metal construction, the holder attaches to the microphone stand using a durable threaded locking knob, which ensures the headphones remain in place and are conveniently accessible while tracking in the studio.