In The Photoshop Toolbox: Essential Techniques for Mastering Layer Masks, Brushes, and Blend Modes from Rocky Nook, photographer and bestselling author Glyn Dewis breaks down Photoshop into three main features: layer masks, brushes, and blend modes. Dispelling the myth that Photoshop is difficult to learn and nearly impossible to master, he demonstrates how learning these three key features and tools will allow you to achieve just about anything you want in Photoshop. With Glyn explaining all the various aspects behind layer masks, brushes, and blend modes, you'll learn to think beyond each specific example and ask yourself the all-important question, "what would happen if I used that technique on this other image?"
- Photoshop Basics: Explore Photoshop's workspace, tool bar, options bar, properties, and layers
- Layer Masks: Learn the basics of layer masks, as well as specific techniques that incorporate cutouts, removing halos, content aware fill, look-up tables, and more
- Brushes: Brushes are useful for everything from cutouts to creating special effects like snow, debris, grass, and even your own signature
- Blend Modes: Use blend modes for tricky selections, brightening and darkening an image, and tidying up a layer mask
- Additional Tips, Tricks, and Techniques: Glyn devotes an entire chapter to extra techniques such as removing reddening skin, creating smoke, matching color, and building depth in your image with contrast, light, and sharpness