Combining a flashlight you can hold, hang, or wear with an 18650 battery with its own micro-USB port (no dock necessary) and a charge cord, the Nitecore MT21C Right-Angle Flashlight Kit with Rechargeable Battery & USB Cable from B&H is a versatile and convenient lighting system. The light's unique design makes it suitable for an almost unlimited range of uses, and the rechargeable battery does away with the hassle of replacing dead cells.
Living up to the name of the Multi-Task series of which it is a member, the Nitecore MT21C Right-Angle LED Flashlight is a versatile and powerful illumination tool useful for any situation.
It features five primary outputs; from a minimum of just one lumen for close-up tasks like reading or checking ID's, to a darkness piercing 1000-lumen turbo output that can be used to light trails and camps or search for lost hikers. Beyond the impressive output range are three specialty modes: a disorienting strobe, an emergency SOS distress signal, and a battery-conserving location beacon. All of these modes can be accessed through a single push button, and you have the ability to go directly to the minimum and turbo outputs without having to cycle through all the others.
The defining characteristic of the MT21C is the tilting emitter head. In the 0° (straight) orientation it looks and is used like a conventional flashlight, but tilt the head 90° forward and it converts into a right-angle task or tactical light. This tilting can be done with a single finger for easier use and handling. Designed to withstand the rigors of everyday use, the body is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy that is treated with a scratch-resistant, hard-anodized finish. It is O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to over six and a half feet, and impact resistant to over three feet. Nitecore designed the light with a magnetic base and an integrated hang loop to add even more versatility to an already versatile light. Leaving your hands free for tasks, it also allows you to point the beam right where you need it. The head of this clever little 1000-lumen torch swivels 180° and tilts 90°, and the light is equipped with a belt/pocket clip and a hanging loop. On-off switching and brightness selection is controlled by a push button on the head. A single 18650mAh lithium-ion AA battery (sold separately) will power the flashlight for approximately one hour on high power and up to 700 hours at just one lumen output.
The MT21C is made of aluminum with a type III hard anodized finish and features a glass lens with anti-reflective coating for optimal light transmission. It's IPX8-rated water resistant, submersible to 6.6', and impact resistant to 3.3'.
- Min: 1 lumen
- Low: 50 lumens
- Med: 190 lumens
- High: 400 lumens
- Turbo: 1000 lumens
- White CREE XP-L HD V6 LED
- Emitter head tilts from 0-90°, converting it from a conventional hand-held light to a right-angle light; tilt can be done one-handed
- Three specialty output modes
- Digitally-regulated output maintains consistent beam intensity throughout battery charge
- Disorientating strobe function
- Emergency SOS signal automatically cycles through the Morse code sequence
- Location beacon emits a single pulse at regular intervals to conserve battery power
- Location: Handle
- Type: Push button
- Instant access to minimum and Turbo outputs
- Press and hold to turn on, then cycle through primary outputs
- Tap button three times in any mode to activate specialty outputs
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy body
- Tempered emitter window with anti-reflection coatings ensure maximum beam output at all intensity levels
- Textured handle helps to provide a slip-resistant grip
- Scratch and corrosion-resistant anodized hard-coat
- IPX8-rated and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to 6.6'
- Impact resistant to 3.3'
- Magnetic base on handle allows it to stick to any ferrous metals, with integrated hang loop
- Runs on one user-supplied 18650 battery, or two CR123 disposable or rechargeable batteries
- Integrated battery status indicator on push-button switch
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage to the light & circuitry if batteries are installed incorrectly
- Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) circuitry monitors light and ambient temperatures to maximize output and battery life
Power a myriad of high-drain electronics, including flashlights, lanterns, headlamps, and various other devices with the NITECORE 18650 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery. It has a built-in micro-USB port, enabling you to charge the battery from a wall outlet, power strip, or computer using a separately available USB cable, negating the need for an external charger. However, if you'd prefer, you can still insert the battery into a charger just as you normally would.
The 18650 cell contains safety features, such as smart charging circuitry, a micro-porous barrier, and pressure release valve protection to prevent damage from excessive voltage, short-circuiting, rapid expansion and combustion, and other potential dangers. The battery provides 3.6V of output power and a capacity of 2600mAh, resulting in a 9.62Wh energy consumption rate. It's equipped with gold-plated, stainless steel protectors that help ensure high resistance to impact and oxidation, as well as good electrical conductivity. Additionally, the metallic wrapper safeguards against abrasion. The USB cable is not included.
The USB 2.0 Type A Male to Micro Type B Male Cable from Pearstone is a premium quality 3' (0.9 m) USB cable that is fully compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices, and supports error-free data transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps. It features a type A male connector on one end and a micro type B male on the other end.
Braided copper shielding and an aluminum foil wrap protects against electromagnetic and radio interference and ensures a clean signal transfer. The connectors are hot pluggable and install with Plug-and-Play ease. Additionally, this cable is RoHS compliant, UL rated and FCC certified.