The VDV MapMaster 3.0 Cable Tester Pro Kit from Platinum Tools is designed to be your all-in-one tester for installation and troubleshooting of phone, network, and coaxial cable runs. This kit provides you with accessories geared towards professional testing applications as well as a travel case for them and the MapMaker 3.0 tester. The handheld tester is made to work in a variety of locations with its backlit display, glow-in-the-dark keypad, and built-in flashlight. Wherever your wiring is located, this versatile tester is engineered to give you essential information about your cabling.
It can detect problems, such as open, shorts, miswires, reverses, and split pairs. It can also tell you the length of connected cables in feet and meters, which is a handy feature for diagnosing exactly where a fault may be located. These are just a few highlights of what the MapMaster 3.0 has to offer. Continue for a full list of its capabilities.
- Master remote control is stored inside the main unit
- Tests to T568A/B wiremap configuration for shorts, opens, miswires, reverses, and split pairs
- Single-ended testing for shorts and split pairs
- Identifies cable location on active ports using a flashing port link light
- Verifies continuity for LAN, phone, and video cabling
- Audible beep for additional feedback
- Four selectable cadences for the audible tone generator
- Identify up to 20 network or coaxial cable runs at a time
- Measures distance to opens and breaks in specific wires, pairs of wires, or all wires simultaneously
- Voltage detection warning icon
- Continuous loop test mode
- Automatic shutoff and timed backlight in any mode to preserve battery life