Offering a fixed 35mm coverage and completely manual operation, this NW561 Flash from Neewer is a simple yet competent speedlight with a guide number of 125' at ISO 100. It offers output control in eight steps from 1/1 to 1/128 plus exposure compensation in 0.3 EV steps for fine-tuning, with the settings visible and adjustable thanks to the backlit LCD display. Additionally, a rated recycle time of 2.9 seconds enables quick and efficient shooting whether you are in the studio or out on the field.
The NW561 flash head can be tilted from -7 to 90°a and rotated a full 180° in one direction, so you can aim it in nearly any direction. At the front, two panels are available in separate slots: a reflector that can help fill in shadows when bouncing light upwards, and a wide-angle diffuser that helps soften your light when shooting directly at the subject. Complementing these panels is the ability to set the flash as an S1 or S2 wireless optical slave, making it a great secondary light source. The NW561 runs on four user-supplied AA batteries and lasts between 100 and 1500 flashes, depending on your power settings.
- Shoe-mounted manual flash compatible with a wide variety of cameras
- Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) design enables flash durations from 1/200 to 1/20,000
- Optical slave triggering with instant sync and skip pre-flash timing modes, works at up to 98.4' indoors
- Multi-mode for stroboscopic flash firing at an adjustable frequency, gives the effect of multiple exposures in your shot
- PC sync slot for wired connection and synchronization
- Color temperature of 5500K, can be mixed with daylight sources without creating a strong color cast
- Power saving mode available to help preserve your batteries during longer shoots
- Over temperature protection system protects the unit when continuously firing the flash
- Comes with mini stand for deploying the speedlight separately from the camera