Featuring a proprietary, hand-crafted capsule, the Blue Bluebird SL is a studio condenser microphone which builds upon its predecessor to provide a precise and clear sound as well as switchable filter and pad settings, ensuring great versatility for varied studio recording applications. It utilizes a large, gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, replete with a sculpted rear backplate to emphasize resonances at higher frequencies; this creates the clarity of treble, smoothness of midrange, and richness of lows, characteristic of Bluebird microphones, all while allowing sound sources to cut through a mix. Further elevating its professional nature is the shockmount, which absorbs vibrations to inhibit handling and stand noise.
Use the 100 Hz low-cut filter to attenuate bass buildup and increase intelligibility, which is especially important when the mic is close to the source. When miking drum kits or guitar amps, the -20 dB pad is perfect for keeping the sound clear and free of distortion. The mic's cardioid polar pattern rejects a good deal of sound behind the mic, allowing it to pick up less room ambience and background noise than many other polar responses. The Bluebird SL can be connected to any XLR mic input that is capable of sending 48V phantom power.
Behind the Mic
Inside the Sound
Make the Switch
Features at a Glance
- Emphasized upper clarity with smooth mid frequencies for voices and instruments
- Hand-built, large-diaphragm cardioid capsule
- Blue's Class-A circuitry delivers rich harmonic audio
- 100 Hz low-cut filter increases clarity and reduces rumble from your room or desk
- -20 dB pad keeps your audio free of distortion
- Operates on 48V phantom power
- Connects to XLR mic inputs
- Suitable for use with home-studio interfaces (USB, Thunderbolt, or otherwise)
- Includes custom shockmount to reduce vibration noise
- Supplied with wooden storage box