B&H has put together this Impact Octacool-9 Fluorescent 2-Light Kit with Stands and Roller Case to give photographers and videographers the benefit of this unique light source in the studio or on location. The kit includes 2 Octacool-9 fixtures with lamps and stands and a Jumbo Roller Case to store and transport it all in.
The Impact Octacool-9 Fluorescent Light with Octabox (9 Lamps) is a great choice for the photographer or videographer seeking a broad, flattering light source with unique fall-off characteristics for portraiture, fashion, or events.
Octagonal-shaped light sources have long had a reputation as the preferred portrait-shooter's light source. The shape offers an especially large surface area which produces wrap-around light, which envelopes the subject while creating natural-looking catchlights in the eyes.
Each daylight-balanced 28W lamp outputs 1400 lumens of light measured at 3.3 feet for a 9-lamp total of 12,600 lumens. Five switches on the rear of the fixture allow individual control of the lamps allowing 1 - 9 of them to be switched on or off, varying the output in 1400 lumen increments. The head's standard 5/8" receiver mounts to a huge variety of light stands and gripware with 5/8" studs.
The included Octabox has a removable inner baffle and front face allowing even greater flexibility from hard to ultra-soft light. The light head also comes with a removable aluminum reflector for a bright, contrasty lighting option.
This Impact Heavy-Duty Air-Cushioned Light Stand is a black anodized aluminum support that rises to a height of 9.5' and folds down to 42" for storage and transport. The stand will handle up to 22 lb and is topped with a removable 5/8" spigot with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads. It has a wide footprint of 52" for greater stability. Air cushioning gently lowers the light when making height adjustments to protect equipment and fingers.
For the photographer who's going places, the LKB-JR Light Kit Bag Jumbo Roller from Impact will store and protect two fully-assembled OctaCool 6 or 9 lights, two softboxes, cables, gels, and related accessories. The inside of the bag features two compartments separated by a padded, touch-fastening divider. To simplify transport and eliminate lengthy assembly time, each compartment is designed to hold one OctaCool 6 or 9 light with installed CFL lamps, and reflector. Lights are secured by two padded, touch-fastening stabilizer panels with keyhole cutouts designed to fit over the back of each light.
Underneath the lid are three zippered, mesh pockets. Two of the pockets will accommodate an OctaCool 6 or 9 softbox, with the third reserved for 2 light handles, 2 power cords, gels, and other accessories.
The bag may be rolled on a pair of wheels, lifted by the handles or shoulder strap, and stored in an upright position on a set of rubber feet. For security, the heavy-duty zipper has twin metal pulls which may be connected with an optional padlock (user supplied).
For protection and durability, the bag features heavy-duty outer walls encased in a thick layer of high-density foam, and covered with a shell of water-resistant 600D nylon. And for easy identification, the side of the bag has a clear slip-in ID pocket.
- 2 OctaCool 6 or 9 lights with installed CFL lamps and reflector
- 2 OctaCool 6 or 9 softboxes with diffusers and rods
- 2 OctaCool 6 or 9 screw-in light handles, power cords, and accessories
- Heavy-duty outer walls encased in a thick layer of high-density foam
- Exterior shell is made of water-resistant 600D nylon
- 2 compartments which accommodate 1 OctaCool 6 or 9 light with installed CFL lamps and reflector
- 1 clear slip-in ID pocket
- 2 zippered, mesh pockets under lid for storing OctaCool 6 or 9 softboxes
- 1 zippered, mesh pocket under lid for storing OctaCool 6 or 9 handles, power cords, and accessories
- 1 adjustable, removable strap with 12" sliding pad
- 1 rubber, contoured side grip handle
- 2 overlapping, wraparound, 2" handle with padded, touch-connect enclosure
- 1 padded, removable, compartment divider with touch-fastening sides
- 2 padded, removable, light stabilizer panels with keyhole cutout and touch-fastening sides
- Heavy-duty zipper with twin metal pulls which may be connected with an optional padlock
- 1 pair of wheels
- 1 pair of rubber feet for upright storage
- Not recommended for air travel
- Do not overload