The Impact VC-500WLN 3-500Ws Digital Monolight with Transmitter Kit is built around three VC-500WLN flash heads. Each head comes with a reflector, flashtube, 250W modeling lamp, power cable, and light stand. The included 16-channel, 4-group radio transmitter triggers the head's built-in receivers from up to 328' away. Three white umbrellas with black backing, a 24 x 36" softbox with silver interior and speedring, and a wheeled case are also included.
The VC-500WLN 500Ws Digital monolights have full to 1/32 power range adjustable over 6 stops in 1/10 stop increments, very fast recycling time (1.5 seconds @ full power) and Proportional, Independent and Off settings for the 250W modeling light. Flash durations as short as 1/1200 sec freeze action with moving subjects while the VC-500WLN's 5600K color temperature remains constant within +/- 100K regardless of power setting.
You can freely mix and match your remote flash units with the VC-500WLN. The flash's 7 optical slave modes allow it to interface with an on-camera TTL flashes, triggering with up to 5 pre-flashes when needed. The VC-500WLN's Time Frame and Block Time functions enlarge the unit's circle of compatibility with the many brands available by effectively adapting for the differences in their pre-flash durations. Selected settings are indicated on the VC-500WLN's digital display when activated by the user.
A number of systems are employed to increase the VC-500WL's longevity and ensure safety. The fan-cooled housing with adaptive thermal control protects the flash heads CMOS circuitry and the user-replaceable modeling lamp and flash tube.
- Built-in 2.4 GHz wireless receiver with 16 channels and 4 distinct groups of flashes
- Included 16-channel, 4 group radio remote control transmitter for wireless control of up to seven lights from distances up to 328' to adjust functions like flash power, the modeling lamp, audio beep, and slave mode
- 6-stop stepless power control range from full to 1/32 in 1/10 stop increments
- Fast 0.2-1.5 sec recycling time
- An easily-read LED display on the rear of the unit that indicates output and other settings chosen by the user
- Pre-flash Detector System to enable use of a wide range of on-camera flashes
- Multiple Modeling Light Modes: Proportional, Independent, Off
- Soft-start function of the modeling lamp to protect the subject's and photographer's eyes, and increase the working life of the lamp
- Sturdy, functional, and professional aluminum alloy housing
- Anti-static, tactile rubberized surface treatment provides comfort and utility
- Two Kinds of Recycling Reminders: Programmable ready beep function and modeling lamp visual indicator; modeling lamp dims during recycling and comes on again when fully recycled
- Fan-cooling provides longevity for the head's electronics, flashtube, and modeling lamp
- Over-Heating Protection: Slows recycling time to reduce heat, rather than delay the shoot for a cool-down interval
- 12.5-amp fuse shuts the head down if necessary to prevent damage by electrical spikes
- Low 5 VDC sync voltage protects your camera's electronics
- Power Auto-dump drains excess power from the capacitors when you reduce the output to guaranty accurate exposures
- Stand bracket with extra umbrella fitting for larger umbrella shafts
- Shifting pan/tilt support allows you to use large, pro-sized accessories
- Compatible with S-type reflectors: choose from a wide assortment of light-shapers that use the S-type mount
- Three white umbrellas with permanent black backing soften the light and set up quickly
- Softbox with Speedring: 24 x 36" softbox with silver interior and removable front diffuser and interior baffle; reflective interior to minimize light loss, removable diffusers maximize creative options
- The sturdy, wheeled, padded case with ample room for everything in the kit; separate zippered compartments keep stands and umbrellas apart from the fixtures