The Impact VC-500WLN 3-500Ws Digital Monolight with Transmitter Kit is built around three VC-500WLN flash heads. Each head comes with a reflector, a flashtube, a 250W modeling lamp, a power cable, and a light stand. The included 16-channel, 4-group radio transmitter triggers the head's built-in receivers from up to 328' away. Three 36" white umbrellas with black backing, a silver-lined 24 x 36" softbox with speed ring, and a wheeled case are also included.
The VC-500WLN 500Ws digital monolights have full to 1/32 power range adjustable over 6 stops in 1/10 stop increments, fast recycling time (1.5 seconds at full power) and Proportional, Independent, and Off settings for the 250W modeling light. Flash durations are as short as 1/1200 sec freeze action with moving subjects while the VC-500WLN's 5600K color temperature remains constant within +/- 100K regardless of power setting.
You can freely mix and match your remote flash units with the VC-500WLN. The flash's seven optical slave modes allow it to interface with on-camera TTL flashes, triggering up to five pre-flashes when needed. The VC-500WLN's Time Frame and Block Time functions enlarge the unit's circle of compatibility with the many brands available by effectively adapting for the differences in their pre-flash durations. Selected settings are indicated on the VC-500WLN's digital display when activated by the user.
A number of systems are employed to increase the VC-500WL's longevity and ensure safety. The fan-cooled housing with adaptive thermal control protects the flash heads CMOS circuitry as well as the user-replaceable modeling lamp and flash tube.
- Built-in 2.4 GHz wireless receiver with 16 channels and 4 distinct groups of flashes
- 16-channel, 4 group radio remote control transmitter for wireless control of up to seven lights from as far as 328' away adjusts functions including flash power, the modeling lamp, audio beep, and slave mode
- 6-stop stepless power control range from full to 1/32 in 1/10 stop increments
- Fast 0.2-1.5 sec recycling time
- An easily-read LED display on rear of unit indicates output and other settings chosen by user
- Pre-flash Detector System enables use of a wide range of on-camera flashes
- Multiple Modeling Light Modes: Proportional, Independent, Off
- Soft-start function of modeling lamp protects you and your subject's eyes, increases working life of lamp
- Sturdy, functional, and professional aluminum alloy housing
- Antistatic, tactile rubberized surface treatment provides comfort and utility
- Two Kinds of Recycling Reminders: Programmable ready beep function and modeling lamp visual indicator; modeling lamp dims during recycling and comes on again when fully recycled
- Fan-cooling provides longevity for the head's electronics, flashtube, and modeling lamp
- Overheating Protection slows recycling time to reduce heat, rather than delay the shoot for a cool-down interval
- 12.5A fuse shuts the head down if necessary to prevent damage from electrical spikes
- Low 5 VDC sync voltage protects your camera's electronics
- Power auto-dump drains excess power from capacitors when you reduce output to guarantee accurate exposures
- Stand bracket with extra umbrella fitting for larger umbrella shafts
- Shifting pan/tilt support allows you to use large, pro-sized accessories
- Compatible with S-type reflectors: choose from a wide assortment of light-shapers that use the S-type mount
- Three 36" white umbrellas with permanent black backing soften the light and set up quickly
- Softbox with speed ring: 24 x 36" softbox with silver interior, removable front diffuser and interior baffle; reflective interior to minimize light loss, removable diffusers maximize creative options
- The sturdy, wheeled, padded case with ample room for everything in the kit; zippered compartments keep stands and umbrellas separate from the fixtures